Sunday, February 20, 2011

Maiden voyage 2011

Ok, done. The virgin trip on the road 2011 finished. Together with Simen I took the bike out of the shed this afternoon, cleaned it and made sure gears and breaks where ok. Simen cleaned his own bike and was a very happy 4 year old :)

At 16.00 I walked the bike down from the house and saddled up. Janicke reminded me the temperature was below 0 C before I went out, but I was certain I was going to be ok as I was wearing two layers of long woolen underwear, wind resistant jacket and wind resistant trousers. 30 minutes into the ride I realized my Shimano cycling shoes are nicely ventilated for a warm, sunny, summer-day or spinning classes. Today however, I was certain I would freeze my toes of!!

Other then the wrong choice of footwear I got a nice hour on the bike and it felt really good finishing the first ride of the season already. Especially as I need a LOT of hours on the bike before June 4th!!!

For some reason Janicke was laughing her head of when I got home and she insisted on taking a picture for my blog. Not certain what all the laughing was about :)

Trip info:

Distance: 19km
Time: 60 minutes

5 comments:

  1. Skjønner heller ikke hva som var så morsomt... Hun må nok forklare seg!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Når man må ha på seg ull ( med sykkelbukse utenpå må vite ) + vindtett jakke og bukse så er det FOR kaldt til å sykkle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For ikke aa snakke om de vakre groenne hanskene :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw.. det heter vel "maiden voyage" og ikke "virgin trip"? Det siste høres litt vel suspekt ut knut! Som om det er utover på Radøy at alle jomfruene bor.. :P

    ReplyDelete