Friday, July 1, 2011

Hiking and Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred routine

Today I decided to let the bike rest and instead I went for a hike up on Tveitevarden. This was a very positive experience as I did the hike in just above 46 minutes. The last time I did this hike, last fall sometime, I did it in 52 minutes. The trail was also muddy after the last days of rain so I think on a dry trail I will do the hike in less then 45 minutes.

This month, July, I have a goal of putting in at least 30 minutes workout EVERY day and to make sure I do not get to fed up going out o the bike I will vary my workouts between bike riding, hiking, and Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred routine. We have borrowed The Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred routine from a friend that was very happy doing the routine and with the results. We will do the routine everyday and on days where I do hiking or bike riding this routine will come in addition. I say we here because I will do this routine together with my beautiful wife :)

So tonight after my hike we did Day 1 of the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred routine and I can already tell this will be a good addition to my normal cardio exercise. The workout routine is a very good mix of cardio and weight training and at least on level 1 you do not need more then two hand held weights. I am no expert but I think I am getting a very good fat burning effect of this routine especially after doing cardio before I start it like today.

Looking forward to follow the routine and to see improvements :)

1 comment:

  1. This is a really good workout. It's geared a little more to advanced exercisers, but the choreography is fairly basic and you will definately feel this the next day.
    There are three workouts that combine toning and aerobics together which are about a half an hour each. This way, you're burning fat and toning muscles at the same time. It's a little challenging, but fun and effective.

    ReplyDelete