Friday, November 23, 2012

Boot camp with Truls

So today I had my second PT session with Truls Berntsen at Studio nord Sprek og Blid Knarvik. As I was stepping up onto the treadmill for my warm up, he waved me off it an up to the second floor where we do some free weight lifting. As I got up he warned me that today would be though and I should be prepared to be exhausted, and man was he going to be right!!!

Truls had set up a workout with 10 exercises that I was to perform non stop as one set, then do 5 sets, seemed easy enough. The exercises was simple basic ones like push-ups, side lunges, sit ups with weights, side steps, high jumps, and burpee's. All put together in a workout to drain every ounce of energy from me!

After 4 sets I was not sure I could do another set, and without Truls there I would have called it the day! So I did do a final fifth set, well, at least I tried :) and before the final 10 burpee's I gave up, for about 10 seconds, and then I did them anyway, at least sort of and definitively NOT as graceful as it should have been :)

I finished the session with a 20 minute cool-down on the thread-mill.

I went straight home and made myself a nice smoothie to fill up a bit energy. Not sure I look forward to the spinning class tomorrow, I am afraid Truls will have to carry me from the car and in on to the bike :)

Anyway, thanks for a great workout and fantastic motivation Truls :)


Just a coincident that I am a bit more read in the face compared to Truls :)

Not sure he was impressed with my push-ups :)


No comments:

Post a Comment