Saturday, September 1, 2012

TacX Flow installed and tested :)

September is here and so is the wet and cold weather here in Bergen. I have picked the TacX flow up from storage and set it up in the apartment again. As long as I put it away under the stairs when not in use I have my wife's blessing to use it in the living room :)

Have permission to use it inside as longe as I store it away when not in use.

For the last 3 days I have had a couple of easy rides on the Flow and today I decided to do a 4x4 interval session. This felt much harder then the 4x4 sessions we did out on the road this season. I guess this is because on the flow I have to work harder throughout the whole session, no resting time while rolling down hill :)

For the intervals I used the following watt settings:
  1. Interval - 300 watt
  2. Interval - 270 watt
  3. Interval - 270 watt
  4. Interval - 280 watt

Between each interval I stayed between 130 and 150 watt. Next week I will do a session to find my FTP (Functional Threshold Power) in order to get the most out of my sessions on the Flow.

Here is a good article in norwegian:

Sykkelmagasinet - Sykkelrulle guiden

No comments:

Post a Comment