Tuesday, September 11, 2012

4x4 Intervals - Dalesvingene - Starting to hard

Despite the weather, rain and 9 degree Celsius, I decided to do today's interval session outside. This would be the first ride starting at the new apartment at Meland, and I wanted to see how the stretch from the house to the main road would be as it is not asphalt.

I changed tire (I still had my indoor tire on the bike) and put a bit less air-pressure in the tire compared to what I normally do.The ride back and forth from the house was no problem at all, at least today. I am not sure it was necessary to use a lower air-pressure and I will try using my normal air pressure next time.

As the new apartment is at Meland, at the top of a hill, there are several route options for my interval workouts. Today I decided to do a 4x4min workout, and for that Dalesvingene is perfect.

Being very eager today, as it had been a while since I had my last outdoor ride, I started out why to hard during my warmup and first interval. As a consequence the lactat buildup was to high after the third interval up Dalesvingene and my legs were all out of juice. Next time I will make sure I keep cool during my warmup and hopefully finish 4 good intervals :)


Warmup was to hard on todays workout.
 
IntervalTimeSpeed(km/h)AVG HR
14:4511.3183
24:5710.6183
35:1310.0182

No comments:

Post a Comment