Friday, May 4, 2012

New bike - Everest Racing Carbon Ultegra

After the crash last Sunday the costs for fixing the bike ended up being to high so I decided to buy a new bike. The old bike was 10 years old now so it might have been time for a change anyway.


One of Janickes coworkers suggested I should go to Sykkelsenteret downtown Bergen as they had a good offer for a full-carbon bike from Everest, their own brand. The carbon frame is built on the same factory as among others Hard Rocx and is virtually the same frame.

Everest Racing Carbon Ultegra
The staff at Sykkelsenteret was as usual very friendly and helpful and it did not take long to convince me that the bike was a good buy especially as it was fully equipped with Shimano Ultegra 6700.

They set off plenty of time at Sykkelsenteret to go over the bike and to do a proper bike fitting. After just two short rides on the bike there is no doubt that my sitting position on the new bike felt much better then on the old bike. I will get back to this once I finish my first longer ride on the new bike.

I have just checked and the bike weighed in at 8.1kg fully equipped with bike computer, bottle cages, etc, which is a lot less then my old Cannondale. I am looking forward to my first longer ride on the new bike :)

Equipment:

FrameEverest Astro Carbon
ForkCarbon Racing
Wheel-setMavic Aksium
TiresSchwalbe Lugano 700x23c
PedalsNot included (used my old pedals)
CrankShimano Ultegra 50-34
KransShimano Ultegra CS-6700
Front DerailleurShimano Ultegra
Rear DerailleurShimano Ultegra
BarsRitchey Road Pro Logic II
StemRitchey Road Pro 30D
BrakesShimano Ultegra
Break LeversShimano Ultegra
SeatRitchey Pro

No comments:

Post a Comment