Thursday, May 19, 2011

New record on the 54k route

This afternoon Beathe joined me on my 54k route and we did it in 2:26. This is 9 minutes quicker then my previous best and considering we had a typical Autumn weather today with rain and wind, this was a big improvement. I think Beathe would have done it under 2:20 but she was a good companion and waited for me on top of the steepest hills. I can not match her speed going up, but I am closer now then a month ago so hopefully after the summer I can almost keep up with her :)

Our average speed today was 22km/h which, if we can keep all the way to Voss will give us a total time of 8 hours. I am not sure this is doable, but I am starting to feel that it is within reach.

I know, 54 km is just about 1/3 of the trip to Voss, but I still plan to look at the positive feedback from this trip.

54k route: Hilland-Bøvågen-Manger-Hilland

No comments:

Post a Comment