Saturday, May 28, 2011

Short ride with Beathe

I have been fighting a cold the last 3 days, today I was much better and decided to take a short ride. I drove out to Beathe's place and she joined me on a ride to Skjellanger and back to her place. Even with the wind and rain we did it in 1:25 with an average speed of 23.2 km/h. This was 21 minutes quicker then last time we did this trip about 6 weeks ago, so the hard work has payed of.

 I had the bike in for service last Tuesday and they changed all the wiring for the breaks and gearing system, breaks both front and back, and new tires. IN addition to the usual adjustments of the gearing system.

Today the bike felt like new :)

We had a minor incident today, we were meeting the bus at a very narrow place close to Skjellanger. I was two meters in front Beathe and I braked hard, with all new breaks I stopped MUCH quicker then her so she ended up driving the bike into the ditch. Luckily both she and the bike was OK afterwards and we could continue after I had helped her back up on the road again. Sorry Beathe, I will be a bit more careful next time :(

No comments:

Post a Comment