Sunday, May 15, 2011

First trip together

Since the three of us decided to try Bergen-Voss we have actually not had a single trip together on the bike. Today, however, we finally got together for a nice Sunday ride.

We decided to take my usual 34km route and did it in 1:32 with an average speed just above 20km/h. Beathe managed to get away from us towards the end so she did it a couple of minutes quicker.

This trip showed the benefits of riding together, psychologically. As we were half way up the longest climb I usually stop and take a 1-2 minutes break. This time we all pushed each other and with Beathe 50 meters ahead there was no way I was going to stop. So for the first time I did the entire climb in one go.

Hopefully we can get more of these trips together, at least for me, it is a very good way of pushing myself.

Thanks to Beathe and Terje for a nice trip today.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment