Thursday, May 19, 2011

Short ride today

Today it was hard to get out of the coach and onto the bike. I had almost decided not to when Simen said "I think you are a very good bike rider daddy". After that I did not have much of a choice now did I :)

Since we had a long ride Yesterday I took a short trip today. 20km around Olsvoll and Sæbø and even with terrible wind and tired legs after Yesterdays ride I did the trip in 56 minutes. My personal best from the last time I did this route early this spring was 1:04. So there is no doubt I am getting in better shape.

Tomorrow the bike need some rest and then Saturday morning I will have a short low pace ride preparing for a 82km ride, crossing 3 mountains, on Sunday. I am riding together with Beathe and Terje to see how we perform during the two toughest climbs on the Bergen - Voss route. Since we park the car this side of the mountains we will have to climb one of them twice giving three tough climbs during the 82km's.

I am not really looking forward to it as I am certain it will be painful, but hopefully when we finish I will feel confident that I am getting ready for the race on June 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment